- Photography for 101 for Artists – learn how to photograph your work with Cal Rice, October 8th, 10am-3pm, at the Baudette Depot
- Artist Mentor Info. Session October 29, 6pm-8pm, at Headwaters School for Music & the Arts.
- Bemidji Studio Cruise
- Request for Proposals from Lakeland Public TV
Arts Project Grant Maximum Request: $2,500
DEADLINE OCTOBER 3, 2014
For non-profit organizations*, schools, universities, community education programs, or units of local government located in Minnesota’s Beltrami, Hubbard, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, and Clearwater counties.
ELIGIBLE PROJECTS INCLUDE
- Creation or production of an arts project or event such as an arts workshop, play, exhibit, film, performance, collaborative work with participation and registration open to the public.
- Artist-in-Residence projects using local or non-local artists for schools or community organizations, aspects of which will be open to the public
- Touring arts performances or exhibitions brought to our five-county region
- Developmental assistance for your arts organization, such as help with long-range planning or board development.
- Public Art
GRANT WRITING SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE!
We are happy to answer your questions, read over your application materials, and set up one-on-one appointments. Region 2 Arts Council is located in the lower level of the Historic Carnegie Library Building at 426 Bemidji Avenue, Bemidji MN. Office hours are 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., M-F. Please contact us at email@example.com / 218- 751-5447 or 800-275-5447.
FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES FOR OPTIMAL GRANT WRITING ASSISTANCE
- Applications submitted two weeks prior to the deadline date or earlier will be reviewed by R2AC staff for accuracy, completeness, and eligibility.
- Applications submitted less than two weeks prior to the deadline date are reviewed only as staff time allows.
- R2AC staff will not review grants for completion after the deadline date. Incomplete grants will be deemed ineligible.
Go to http://r2arts.org/grants/arts-grants-for-organizations/r2ac-arts-project-grants/ for more information.
*Established groups or temporary coalitions that are formed for non-profit purposes and do not have a 501(c)3 status from the IRS may apply for a grant if they use a Fiscal Sponsor.
Check out the full complement of MN Orchestra Events here: http://www.minnesotaorchestra.org/learn/community/common-chords/bemidji
Thank you for coming to Bemidji!
Individual Artists of at least 21 years of age with a minimum 5-year history of sustained accomplishment in their chosen artistic field, residing for at least one year prior to deadline in one of the following Minnesota counties: Beltrami, Clearwater, Hubbard, Lake of the Woods, or Mahnomen, may apply for this 18-month fellowship funded by the McKnight foundation. The goal of the R2AC/McKnight Career Development Fellowship Program is to provide substantial support to the region’s most talented artists to further their artistic works through study, introspection or innovation and to facilitate depth and advancement in their artistic careers. Deadline: September 11, 2014.
To download an application, go to http://r2arts.org/grants/arts-grants-for-individuals/the-r2acmcknight-grants-for-arts-organizations/.
For grant writing hints and tips: Come to our workshop!
Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2014; Time: 5:50-7:30 p.m.; Location: lower level of the Historic Carnegie Library Building, 426 Bemidji Avenue, Bemidji MN.
Or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / 218 751-5447 or 1800 275-5447. We are happy to answer your questions, read over your application materials, and set up one-on-one appointments for those unable to attend the workshop.
New R2AC Submission Policy: All materials submitted 2 weeks prior to the deadline will be carefully reviewed for omissions and detailed feedback will be provided to the applicant. Materials submitted after two weeks prior to the deadline will be reviewed by R2AC staff as time allows. All grants submitted by the deadline date will be sent “as submitted” to the board for review.
R2AC has made a significant change on the timing of staff grant reviews this year. This is a heads up to prepare your application well ahead of the deadline if you want R2AC staff to review your application. The review time frame is listed below.
The following changes were implemented to prepare Region 2 applicants for online grants coming next year! As you may know, online grant applications do not allow staff review after they are submitted.
- Applications submitted two weeks prior to the deadline date, or earlier, will be reviewed by R2AC staff for accuracy, completeness, and eligibility.
- Applications submitted less than two weeks prior to the deadline date will be reviewed only as staff time allows.
- R2AC staff will no longer review grants for completion after the deadline date.
- All grants received on the deadline date will be sent to the board panel as is.
- Only applications submitted in their complete form by the deadline date, including all necessary signatures and items outlined in the application checklist, will be considered eligible and sent to the grant review panel.