Our office will be open this Saturday!
Drop off your Anishinaabe Arts Initiative Grant between 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Please Note: our doors will close at 5:00, and late grants will be marked ineligible).
We are offering an Artist Mentor Grant Writing Workshop from 10:00 a.m. – noon. 8th – 12th grade students and their parents and guardians are invited to attend!
Have a great weekend!
On Wednesday October 29, from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. we will have student grant recipients and their artist mentors on hand to show and tell what they’ve gained from participating in the Artist Mentor Grant Program.
Students, Parents, Teachers, Artists! If you are interested in supporting young people in the arts, this Legacy-funded grant program is one of the finest we have to offer! Please come and hear about the program first-hand. We’ll discuss application tips, discuss what it takes to be a mentor, and answer your questions!
Where: Headwaters School of Music and the Arts, 519 Minnesota Avenue NW. Bemidji, MN
Contact us to let us know you are coming: call 218 751-5447 or email email@example.com.
Light snacks provided!
And don’t miss this! Artist Mentor Grant Writing Workshop: Saturday, November 1, 2014. 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the Region 2 Arts Council Office, 426 Bemidji Avenue N. in the lower level of the Historic Carnegie Library Building. Artist Mentor Grant application packets can be downloaded here!
The Artist Mentor Grant Program is made possible, in part, by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Region 2 Arts Council, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund
Arts Project Grant Maximum Request: $2,500
DEADLINE OCTOBER 3, 2014
For non-profit organizations*, schools, universities, community education programs, or units of local government located in Minnesota’s Beltrami, Hubbard, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, and Clearwater counties.
ELIGIBLE PROJECTS INCLUDE
- Creation or production of an arts project or event such as an arts workshop, play, exhibit, film, performance, collaborative work with participation and registration open to the public.
- Artist-in-Residence projects using local or non-local artists for schools or community organizations, aspects of which will be open to the public
- Touring arts performances or exhibitions brought to our five-county region
- Developmental assistance for your arts organization, such as help with long-range planning or board development.
- Public Art
GRANT WRITING SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE!
We are happy to answer your questions, read over your application materials, and set up one-on-one appointments. Region 2 Arts Council is located in the lower level of the Historic Carnegie Library Building at 426 Bemidji Avenue, Bemidji MN. Office hours are 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., M-F. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / 218- 751-5447 or 800-275-5447.
FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES FOR OPTIMAL GRANT WRITING ASSISTANCE
- Applications submitted two weeks prior to the deadline date or earlier will be reviewed by R2AC staff for accuracy, completeness, and eligibility.
- Applications submitted less than two weeks prior to the deadline date are reviewed only as staff time allows.
- R2AC staff will not review grants for completion after the deadline date. Incomplete grants will be deemed ineligible.
Go to http://r2arts.org/grants/arts-grants-for-organizations/r2ac-arts-project-grants/ for more information.
*Established groups or temporary coalitions that are formed for non-profit purposes and do not have a 501(c)3 status from the IRS may apply for a grant if they use a Fiscal Sponsor.
Yesterday was such a beautiful day for Paul, Babe, and Brass!
Check out the full complement of MN Orchestra Events here: http://www.minnesotaorchestra.org/learn/community/common-chords/bemidji
Thank you for coming to Bemidji!
We are closing our office on Friday, September 12, 2014. Regular office hours will resume on Monday, September 15.
We apologize for any inconvenience!
Region 2 Arts Council Staff