Region 2 Arts Council seeks artistic 8th-12th grade Region 2 residents!
- Do you sing, write, draw, dance, paint, play an instrument, sculpt, act, make jewelry, or engage in another type of artistic endeavor?
- Are you seeking creative inspiration?
Consider applying for an Artist Mentor Grant!
Recipients receive either
- 20 hours of one-on-one mentoring with an established local artist
- $600 toward tuition for an arts class, camp, or workshop
Download your application at http://r2arts.org/grants/arts-grants-for-individuals/artist-mentor-grants/ and get started today! Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com / 751-5447.
Let Region 2 Arts Council’s Arts Calendar guide you through your weekend. Highlights include
- Bemidji Community Theater’s production of Fiddler on the Roof Opens Friday, November 14 at 7:30 at the Historic Chief Theater in downtown Bemidji. Tickets are $6/children and $12/adults.
- R2AC/McKnight Career Development Fellow Cate Belleveau is directing the original theater work Labels, a physical theater performance at Long Lake Theater in Hubbard on Saturday Nov. 15th at 6:30 p.m. This show explores through masks, movement , and multi-media the concept of how humans label each other. Labels is free and open to the public.
Check out our Arts Calendar for more! Send us your events so we can continue to stay current. We love our calendar and we think you will too!
Please be sure to read Northern Arts News this November!
- 2015 Region 2 Arts Council/McKnight Career Development Fellows Announced
- Minnesota Theater Alliance is coming to Bemidji on November 5
- LPTV Public Art Request for Proposals deadline November 13
- 2014 Career Development Fellow Cate Belleveau’s Meet the Artist Event on Nov. 15 (Updated from Newsletter: 6:30 p.m. and Free!)
There is so much more! Grant deadlines, featured R2AC-funded events, opportunities for artists and arts-minded organizations. Our Arts Calendar is chock-full of up-to-date arts events in Region 2. Read Northern Arts News TODAY!
Our office will be open this Saturday!
Drop off your Anishinaabe Arts Initiative Grant between 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Please Note: our doors will close at 5:00, and late grants will be marked ineligible).
We are offering an Artist Mentor Grant Writing Workshop from 10:00 a.m. – noon. 8th – 12th grade students and their parents and guardians are invited to attend!
Have a great weekend!
On Wednesday October 29, from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. we will have student grant recipients and their artist mentors on hand to show and tell what they’ve gained from participating in the Artist Mentor Grant Program.
Students, Parents, Teachers, Artists! If you are interested in supporting young people in the arts, this Legacy-funded grant program is one of the finest we have to offer! Please come and hear about the program first-hand. We’ll discuss application tips, discuss what it takes to be a mentor, and answer your questions!
Where: Headwaters School of Music and the Arts, 519 Minnesota Avenue NW. Bemidji, MN
Contact us to let us know you are coming: call 218 751-5447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Light snacks provided!
And don’t miss this! Artist Mentor Grant Writing Workshop: Saturday, November 1, 2014. 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the Region 2 Arts Council Office, 426 Bemidji Avenue N. in the lower level of the Historic Carnegie Library Building. Artist Mentor Grant application packets can be downloaded here!
The Artist Mentor Grant Program is made possible, in part, by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Region 2 Arts Council, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund
Arts Project Grant Maximum Request: $2,500
DEADLINE OCTOBER 3, 2014
For non-profit organizations*, schools, universities, community education programs, or units of local government located in Minnesota’s Beltrami, Hubbard, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, and Clearwater counties.
ELIGIBLE PROJECTS INCLUDE
- Creation or production of an arts project or event such as an arts workshop, play, exhibit, film, performance, collaborative work with participation and registration open to the public.
- Artist-in-Residence projects using local or non-local artists for schools or community organizations, aspects of which will be open to the public
- Touring arts performances or exhibitions brought to our five-county region
- Developmental assistance for your arts organization, such as help with long-range planning or board development.
- Public Art
GRANT WRITING SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE!
We are happy to answer your questions, read over your application materials, and set up one-on-one appointments. Region 2 Arts Council is located in the lower level of the Historic Carnegie Library Building at 426 Bemidji Avenue, Bemidji MN. Office hours are 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., M-F. Please contact us at email@example.com / 218- 751-5447 or 800-275-5447.
FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES FOR OPTIMAL GRANT WRITING ASSISTANCE
- Applications submitted two weeks prior to the deadline date or earlier will be reviewed by R2AC staff for accuracy, completeness, and eligibility.
- Applications submitted less than two weeks prior to the deadline date are reviewed only as staff time allows.
- R2AC staff will not review grants for completion after the deadline date. Incomplete grants will be deemed ineligible.
Go to http://r2arts.org/grants/arts-grants-for-organizations/r2ac-arts-project-grants/ for more information.
*Established groups or temporary coalitions that are formed for non-profit purposes and do not have a 501(c)3 status from the IRS may apply for a grant if they use a Fiscal Sponsor.