A NEW YEAR IS COMING!
Region 2 is ready to invest in YOU! Won’t you take some time to invest in yourself?
(the rest is free 🙂Apply today to be a part of Region 2 Arts Council’s Business Skills Learning Cohort, a five-month program created to support a group of artists and creatives in the development of their artistic careers.
WHAT WE OFFERThe Region 2 Arts Council will invest in your professional development through:
- Monthly Business Skills Learning segments led by Springboard for the Arts Work of Art facilitators
- One-on-one Professional Consultations with Springboard’s Artist Consultants
- Zoom meet-ups for support, brainstorming, engagement with Region 2 Staff and other Cohort members (no more than 1 per month)
WHAT WE ASK IN RETURNBusiness Skills Learning Cohort members are asked to commit to their professional growth and development through consistent attendance at workshops, and active engagement in the learning process, including:
- Direct participation in workshop selection to support relevance of learning materials
- Regular attendance at 7 online Work of Art workshop sessions (January – May 2023)
- Participation in Cohort meet-up sessions (January – May 2023)
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?We seek a dynamic and diverse set of artists/creators from any arts discipline and in any stage of their artistic careers. Eligible artists must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a resident of Beltrami, Hubbard, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, or Clearwater counties, OR be an enrolled tribal member or descendant residing in the following counties: Becker, Cass, Itasca, or Roseau
- Have access to Zoom via phone or computer
- Application deadline is December 20, 2022
- Selection of participants by a committee of Region 2 Arts Council board members
- Participant Notification in early January
- Springboard for the Arts Facilitated workshop dates and topics: – January 25 Career Planning – Feb 15: Time Management – Mar 8: Marketing – Mar 29: Promotions – Apr 19: Engaging Customers & Selling Your Work – May 10: Grant Writing – May 31: Business Plan Essentials
- Additional Region 2 Cohort meet-up dates and times TBD (based on participant availability)
Interested in applying? (Click link below to access application and return via email or mail) Business Skills Cohort Application
Questions? Need support to apply? CALL: 218-751-5447 / 800-275-5447 TEXT: 218-407-2507 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund