Maximum Award: $2,500
No Cash Match Required / No Equipment purchases allowed
Opening Date for Online Application: November 15, 2021
Grant Application Deadline: December 15, 2021
Review Date: January 18, 2022
Earliest Start Date: January 28, 2022
Online grants open for application approximately one month before the deadline date.
These grants offer funding for a variety of arts projects and programming including costs associated with public art, arts festivals, engagement of guest artists, arts field trips, workshops, exhibitions, presentations, or performances that will benefit the residents of Beltrami, Hubbard, Clearwater, Lake of the Woods, or Mahnomen counties. Arts organizations may also apply to fund consultation projects in board development, fiscal management, fundraising, public relations, audience development, or assistance in designing arts programming. Funds can be used to purchase materials and supplies for arts projects but not equipment or non-expendable items. Arts activities proposed for funding must be accessible by the public, displaying a strong community component.
Organizations must be nonprofit and physically located within one of the five Region 2 Arts Council counties of Beltrami, Clearwater, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, or Hubbard. Eligible organizations include:
- schools (parochial schools are ineligible)
- community education programs*
- institutions of higher learning (colleges or universities)
- non-profits providing arts programming
- local city, town, county government entities
- tribal government entities
- Groups without 501(c)3 nonprofit tax status are eligible to apply, but must be formed for non-profit purposes, must have the equivalent of a governing body similar to a board of directors or advisory council, and must use a a Minnesota-based non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization, or other tax exempt entity such as a school, institution of higher learning, or city, town, county, or tribal government as a fiscal sponsor.
Is your grant project eligible? Is your organization? Check out our eligibility section: Arts Project Grant Eligibility Requirements. If you can answer true to all these statements, then you should be eligible to apply. If you answer false to one of the statements, contact us to discuss eligibility.
The Grant Application
Budget Guidelines and Budget Template
IMPORTANT FOR ALL APPLICANTS: Project specific costs incurred and paid prior to a project’s Earliest Start Date will make a project ineligible for funding. Read about this and more:
R2AC FY21 Budget Guidelines
R2AC FY21 Arts Project Grant Budget Template
Sample Application Form for download
Last Year’s Arts Project Grant application form (Sample only – cannot be submitted – only online submissions are accepted)