Deadline: December 1, 2022
Review & Approval Date: January 19, 2023
Earliest Start Date: February 6, 2023
Final Report Deadline: January 15, 2024
Region 2 Arts Council (R2AC) Community Arts Support (CAS) Grants are made possible by the voters of Minnesota thanks to a legislative appropriation from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund (ACHF). The CAS grant program is also funded, in part, by an appropriation from the Minnesota State Legislature with money from the State’s General Fund.
This is an operating support grant with a one-year award amount of $3,000. Granted arts affiliates may begin expending funds once a grant contract has been signed by both the arts affiliate and their host organization, as well as signed by the Region 2 Arts Council.All awarded funds must be expended and a final report submitted by January 15, 2024.
New to applying with R2AC? View a video on how to create an account for your organization in our grants portal!
OR – Login and apply online
Region 2 Arts Council defines an Arts Affiliate as an established arts entity that is hosted within or is part of a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization, college or university, or city or tribal government. Host organizations or host entities often have activity other than art as their central mission.
Arts Affiliates must be physically located and have a legal address in one of the five counties of the Region 2 Arts Council service area (Beltrami, Clearwater, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, Hubbard).
The arts affiliate must currently have or plan to have
- Consistent or reliable arts programming or services for the general public in Minnesota, not just for the host institution or entity
- A documented advisory or governing board that provides oversight of the arts affiliate’s activities
- A budget tracking system for the arts affiliate’s activity only, one that indicates all of the arts affiliate’s revenue and expenses, and is supported by financial statements
- Leadership that has a vision for the impact that the arts affiliate can have on the communities it serves
R2AC CAS operating support funds may not be used to cover an Arts Affiliate’s arts programming and project costs. This funding is designated for an Arts Affiliate’s operational costs; those costs that support an Arts Affiliate’s capacity to provide arts programming and services.The proposal must show a commitment to bringing the arts into the communities that the Arts Affiliate serves by using this operational support grant funding for operations that support the Arts Affiliate’s capacity to offer expanded and/or new arts programming that is accessible and open to the public.Arts and Cultural Heritage Funds shall not cover costs for activity or operations that have formerly been funded in another way, nor may funds be used to supplant/replace an organization’s traditional funding sources. Arts and Cultural Heritage Funds may, however, be used to supplement those funding sources if programming and expected outcomes are new and or expanded.Community Arts Support Grant Eligible Uses for Funding
- Meeting and travel stipends (within the State of Minnesota) for arts affiliate leadership planning sessions
- The development of goals, objectives, outcomes, mission, vision, strategic plans, accessibility plans, or diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Professional development or training that will directly impact the arts affiliate
- Audience and board development, collaborative initiatives, outreach
- Development/improvement of marketing and publicity plans
- Capital improvement projects that will support arts access, education, and arts and cultural heritage activity, made to property owned either by the arts affiliate or by the host entity, which is used by the arts affiliate
- Free standing equipment for an arts affiliate’s office or facility
- Purchase of multi-use items, such as instruments, tools, easels, updated technology
- Administrative and operating expenses such as rent, utilities, wages/salaries, facility maintenance that support an organization’s growth, expansion, and improvement
Sample Application Form for download
Community Arts Support Grant for Arts Affiliates Application (Sample only – cannot be submitted – only online submissions are accepted)