Maximum Award: $6,000 (with 20% cash match and 25% match for equipment purchases)
No Cash Match: For Schools/Community Ed only; Maximum award $3,000
Deadline: October 15, 2019 by 11:45 pm
Review Date: November 18, 2019
Earliest Start Date: December 18, 2019
Online grants open for application approximately one month before the deadline date.
If you have applied before read about changes from last year’s grants.
Arts Learning grants support high-quality arts education for Minnesotans of all ages to develop knowledge, skills, and understanding of the arts. Funds can be used for artists-in-residence programs, educational performances, educational arts field trips, registration and travel to an arts conference or seminar in MN, or to provide arts training or workshops. Eligible grant proposals must display a commitment to reaching wider audiences through providing new and/or expanded arts programming focused on arts learning to residents of Beltrami, Hubbard, Clearwater, Lake of the Woods, or Mahnomen counties, and/or by supporting arts learning through the project. Arts activities proposed for funding cannot serve students, faculty, or organization membership only but instead must be accessible by the public and display a strong community component.
Organizations must be nonprofit and physically located within one of the five Region 2 Arts Council counties of Beltrami, Clearwater, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, or Hubbard. Eligible organizations include:
- schools (parochial schools are ineligible)
- community education programs*
- institutions of higher learning (colleges or universities)
- non-profits providing arts programming
- local city, town, county government entities
- tribal government entities
- Groups without 501(c)3 nonprofit tax status are eligible to apply, but must be formed for non-profit purposes, must have the equivalent of a governing body similar to a board of directors or advisory council, and must use a a Minnesota-based non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization, or other tax exempt entity such as a school, institution of higher learning, or city, town, county, or tribal government as a fiscal sponsor.
Is your grant project eligible? Is your organization? Check out our eligibility section: Arts Learning Grant Eligibility Requirements. If you can answer true to all these statements, then you should be eligible to apply. If you answer false to one of the statements, contact us to discuss eligibility.
The Grant Application
Budget Guidelines and Budget Template
IMPORTANT FOR ALL APPLICANTS: Project specific costs incurred and paid prior to a project’s Earliest Start Date will make a project ineligible for funding. Read about this and more:
R2AC FY20 Budget Guidelines
R2AC FY20 Arts Learning Grant Budget Template
Sample Application Form for download
FY20 Arts Learning Grant Application (Sample only – cannot be submitted – only online submissions are accepted)
Looking for an artist for your project or idea? Check our new Teaching Artist Roster!
Region 2 Arts Council Arts Learning Grants are made possible by the voters of Minnesota thanks to a legislative appropriation from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.