We are excited to announce that applications for the Artist Relief Grant are now OPEN!
This relief grant is open to artists whose anticipated arts income has been impacted due to COVID-19. All eligible*artists must rely on the creation of art to generate income and have no overdue final reports with Region 2 Arts Council.
Details and application for this grant are available HERE
If you’d like a paper application sent to you in the mail, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 218 751-5447 / 800 275-5447.
Important: Keep in mind that funds are limited and grants will be awarded based on submission order
- Submitted applications that are eligible and complete will be placed in order based on their submission and postmark dates/times
- Any incomplete applications will be placed in order once they are corrected and complete
Round 1 closes August 15, or when all funds for this cycle have been awarded
Round 2 opens August 31
- Working artists who have/ have had a marketable presence as an artist
- Minnesota residents who are 18 years or older and live in our five-county region (includes Beltrami, Clearwater, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, and Hubbard Counties)
- Minnesota residents who are enrolled tribal members and descendants living in Itasca, Roseau, Cass, and Becker Counties (our additional Anishinaabe Arts Initiative counties)
- Eligible artists must be in good standing with Region 2 Arts Council, rely on the creation of art for a portion of their income, and must have lost/will lose income due to COVID-19 impacts
NOTE: Artists who are not in good standing with Region 2 Arts Council, that is, those who have overdue final grant reports, are not eligible in round one, but may complete their final reports and become eligible for the 2nd round of Relief Grant funding.
Since March 2020, income generating activity for artists has been cut off or greatly altered due to COVID-19. Our Region 2 Artist Relief Grant, made possible with funding from the McKnight Foundation, is meant to offer some relief for artists whose anticipated income from March onward has been cut short.
Region 2 Artist Relief Grant is made possible with funding from the McKnight Foundation