Region 2 Arts Council Scholarships for the
Rural Arts and Culture Summit
(October 3-5, 2019 in Grand Rapids, MN)
Deadline for Application: August 9, 2019
Region 2 Arts Council scholarships are available for individuals who live within Beltrami, Hubbard, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, and Clearwater counties. These scholarships represent a $300.00 value that covers RAC Summit registration fees only.
About the RAC Summit:
Every two years the Rural Arts and Culture Summit provides a forum for communication, celebration, and collaboration among artists, arts leaders, and creative thinkers and doers of all kinds. Arts-based strategies and practices for building strong, healthy, and resilient rural communities are highlighted, and participants leave inspired by the richness of artistic possibility and presence in rural spaces.
What you need to know before you apply:
- Limited scholarship funds are available.
- Individual, organizational, and community impact of attendance, as well as equitable and geographic distribution of our funding, will be taken into consideration in the awarding of scholarships.
- Scholarship recipients from previous years must have a final report on file in order to be eligible to receive a scholarship this year.
- Each person attending must apply separately; no group applications will be accepted.
- Scholarships are non-transferable. If a recipient is not able to attend, they cannot send someone else in their place. Any costs already incurred cannot be reimbursed.
- The 2019 RAC Summit will take place at the Reif Center in Grand Rapids. Attendees are responsible for covering mileage and hotel expenses, and making arrangements for hotel accommodations, if needed. Visit the RAC Summit website for a list of lodging options: ruralartsandculturesummit.com
- Applicants must respond to the questions provided below.
- Application deadline is August 9, 2019.
- Applicants will receive notification by August 16, 2019.
- Scholarship applicants must wait to register for the Summit until their scholarships have been approved and they have received a registration code from Region 2 Arts Council.
- A final report from scholarship attendees is due on October 21, 2019.
To request funding please respond to the following questions.
Responses may be emailed, mailed, or dropped off at the Region 2 Arts Council office in Bemidji.
- What is your name and where do you live? (please provide physical address, email address, and phone number)
- What kind of artistic, creative, or community activity do you engage in that makes this a valuable experience?
- How do you hope attendance at the Summit will impact one of more of the following: your art/creativity/community engagement activity?
- Anything else you’d like us to know?
Email responses to – email@example.com
Mail responses to – Region 2 Arts Council, P.O. Box 693, Bemidji, MN 56619
Drop off: Region 2 Arts Council Office (inside the Watermark Art Center), 505 Bemidji Ave N, Bemidji
The Rural Arts and Culture Summit is made possible, in part, by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the Arts & Cultural Heritage Fund.