People working in health care, social services, education, environmental sustainability, and the arts, please join us for an interactive workshop with KAIROS ALIVE! Founder and Director Maria Genné and Program Coordinator Carla Vogel.
Workshop participants will
- Explore the impact of artistic engagement for older adults
- Generate ideas for community-based intergenerational art activitities
- Expand and deepen an understanding of the role of art in community wellbeing
- Consider the potential for partnerships based in collaboration, mutual respect and creativity
- View clips from the PBS series, ARTS & THE MIND, featuring Maria Genne
- Participate in creative dialogue through storytelling, theatre and dance
Date and Time: Monday December 2, 2013. 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Location: Headwaters School of Music and the Arts (HSMA), 519 Minnesota Avenue NE, Bemidji, MN
Follow-up Breakfast Meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 3 from 8:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m. at HSMA. Come continue the conversation with presenters Maria and Carla. Explore plans for intergenerational art making in your community. Fruit, rolls, and coffee provided.
RSVP: Please call 218-751-5447 / 800-251-5447 or email email@example.com by 11/29/13 to register.
Mileage Stipends Available: This workshop is free and open to the public. R2AC is offering mileage stipends to individuals carpooling from Mahnomen, Lake of the Woods, and Clearwater counties. Contact us for more information!
This workshop is sponsored by Region 2 Arts Council and made possible by the voters of Minnesota thanks to a legislative appropriation from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.