- Chef and cookbook author Amy Thielen will talk about her newly released book, “The New Midwestern Table: 200 Heartland Recipes” from 5 to 5:30 and 6 to 6:30 at Beagle Books.
- Will Halvorson will play Bella Caffè’s great piano from 6 to 6:30 p.m.
- Ben Marotte will entertain with folk, classic rock and classic country at The Good Life Cafe from 5:30 to 6 and 6:30 to 7.
- Mary Schwartz’s photographs, “Reflections on Fifty,” will be on display at The Good Life.
- Enjoy Northern Bass at Necce’s from 5:30 to 6 and 6:30 to 7. Louise and Dan Bass will play favorites from the 50s and 60s.
Thursday Oct. 17: Armory Concert features Kind Country starting at 7:30 p.m. at Armory Square in Park Rapids. Kind Country is a six-piece string band playing American standards and their own brand of American music. $11 Advance tickets available online at https://kindcountry.eventbrite, at Smoky Hills Art in Downtown Park Rapids, or at Terrapin Station in Nevis. $13 at the door.Attend 3rd Thursday events and put your name in for a drawing for two free tickets to the 3rd Thursday Armory Concert by Silverback Colony Nov. 21.
Friday – Sunday Oct. 18-20: First City of Arts Studio Cruise is a unique opportunity to see local artists in their studios engaged in the creative process in and around the Bemidji area. Fri & Sat. 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Sun. 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. free and open to the public. Maps are available at the Bemidji Community Art Center or through Visit Bemidji at http://visitbemidji.com/specialevents/studio-cruise.html.
Saturday Oct. 19: Opera Encore HD presents “La Traviata” by La Scala. Performances start at 2:00 p.m. at Bemidji Amigo Theater with a 20-minute preview given by Fulton Gallagher starting at 1:30 in the theater where the opera will be shown. Refreshments will be available inside the theater during intermission. Located 5 miles west of Bemidji on Highway 2W. Adults $20/ Students $10.
Why stop here? Read Northern Arts News and plan your Arts October!