Wow! Local macrame artist Dawn Standera told us that this workshop was going to be amazing; just look at Marion Hunziger-Larsen’s beautiful work and judge for yourself! People are calling in to register at lightening speed. Save your spot today!
Cavandoli 2.0 Workshop Description: Cavandoli is a knotting technique in which double half hitches are knotted in a continuous fashion, with no loose thread or spaces between the knots creating a woven-like tapestry. Traditionally two colors are used and patterns are created by alternating horizontal and vertical double half hitches.
Cavandoli 2.0 will take you beyond these limitations. A series of techniques will be explored to work beyond the two color limitation and to provide you with tools for color control.
With the use of wire armatures, vertical, horizontal and reverse double half hitches, we will create modules like textile pieces. Texture and relief will be explored. The pieces we will create will be planned and structured; they will prepare to make free-form pieces.
- May 5-6, 2012; 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Beltrami Electric Cooperative, Bemidji, Minnesota
- Registration Deadline: March 23, 2012
- Call or email Region 2 Arts Council to register: 218 751-5447 / 1800 275-5447 or email@example.com.
- Registration for two-day workshop is $80 (payable only by cash or check). Make checks payable to Region 2 Arts Council and send to / drop off at our office, 426 Bemidji Avenue NE, Bemidji, MN 56601.
- For more information, http://macramecollective.com/news/?p=603
- To find out about materials fees and to have your questions answered, email firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop is funded in part through a Region 2 Arts Council “No-Risk” workshop grant.